And on the banks, on both sides of the river, there will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither, nor their fruit fail, but they will bear fresh fruit every month, because the water for them flows from the sanctuary. Their fruit will be for food, and their leaves for healing. Ezekial 47:12
CHANA was founded by Shonda Parker to offer Christian herbalists an annual conference to further learning, to provide a place of gathering for those interested in healthy living who are in fellowship in the Body of Christ, and to establish a peer-review and mentoring organization that honors the Creator above the creation.
CHANA's Goals are to provide:
* Access to Christ-honoring herbalists for individuals and families interested in safe and effective herbal medicine therapies to use at home;
* A conduit for those wanting to learn about plant medicine to educational programs firmly rooted in the Bible, and to Christian Herbalist mentors;
* Continuing education for learning and practicing herbalists;
* A peer-review and mentoring process that enables Christian herbalists to share case studies and receive encouragement and critique in a professional environment;
* Fellowship among Christian herbalists, focusing on unity in the essentials of faith and liberty and mercy in all else;
* And, to encourage stewardship of the whole of creation.
* Find an Herbalist to help Christian families find herbalists who honor the Lord Jesus Christ in their work;
* Christian herbalist training program listings to help those who want to learn about plant medicine find a school where their education will be rooted in the Bible;
* Newsletter to be published 2-4 times per year;
* Member community online to provide ongoing support for those seeking to learn about herbal medicine and those who desire to know how to apply herbal medicine effectively and safely in their homes or businesses;
* Annual conference;
* Peer review and mentoring process whereby student herbalists will have an opportunity to be mentored by practicing herbalists and student and practicing herbalists will have a process by which their case studies may be offered up for peer review to achieve a diversity of scholarship and practical experience to enhance the professional herbalist's practice.
Membership Levels: All members receive $25 discount off conference fees.
* Individual or Family - support the work of CHANA and be admitted to the online community forum to allow personal questions about herbal and nutritional medicine to be answered by students and the practicing herbalists overseeing them: $75/year (that's only $6.25/month).
* Student Herbalist - provides proof of study in an herbal program or submits a self-study plan as they seek to complete their training through CHANA's mentoring program and is listed as a student herbalist in the Find An Herbalist referral program and in the newsletters and website: $100/year (only $8.33/month).
* Professional Herbalist - professional member who has successfully completed their learning and mentoring process or provides proof of credentialing through another professional herbalist association entity and is listed as a Professional Member in the Find an Herbalist referral program, newsletters, and on the website: $125/year (that's only $10.42/month).
*Healthcare Professional (nutritionists, midwives, massage therapists, doulas, childbirth educators, nurses, docs of all letters, etc.) - professional member who support the work of CHANA and desire to be admitted to the online community forum to allow networking of community and gain access to herbalists to ask questions about herbal and nutritional medicine to be answered by students and the practicing herbalists overseeing them: $150/year (that's only $12.50/month).
* Supporting Institution - designed for those individuals or institutions desiring to support the work of CHANA and be a resource to our learning and accomplished herbalists, as well as families wishing to have more access to healthy choices- $200/year (that's only $16.67/month), supporting members will receive regular ad space in the newsletters, website, annual conference program, and at the annual conference proceedings (the wishes of those who desire anonymity will be honored). If vendor table(s) is/are desired at the annual conference, supporting members shall automatically receive one (1) table.
* Educational Provider - supports the work of CHANA and receives a listing as a Christian Herbalist Education Provider and is listed in the Find an Herbalist referral program, newsletters, website: $250/year.
*Sustaining Member - designed for those individuals, business institutions or organizations wishing to sustain the work of CHANA - $500+/year (that's only $41.66/month). Complementary ad space in print and web CHANA presences, as well as vendor space and honor at our conferences are but a small thank you for helping us make CHANA a growing resource for our members who want to honor the Great Physician while being a servant to families around the world (the wishes of those who desire anonymity will be honored).
CHANA President: Shonda Parker, CCE, Clinical Herbalist
Statement of Faith:
We believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Maker of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. Who was conceived by the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried. The third day He arose from the dead. He ascended into heaven, and sits on the right hand of the God the Father Almighty, from thence He shall come to judge both the quick and the dead. We believe in the Holy Ghost, the union of all believers in the Body of Christ, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
The First Annual CHANA Conference
When: Jan 19-22, 2011
Where: Monroe, Louisiana
Cost: Conference Only - $250/person; Conference + 12 meals - $375/person; Conference/Lodging/12 meals - $450/person.
We are limiting registration to the first twenty (20) registrants. In order to make this fair, we will open registration online and through receiving mailed-in registrations on November 1, 2010.
Jan. 19th - Pre-Conference Workshops 9:00 - 3:00 pm
Suturing for Midwives by Carlotta Crawford, MN, MPH, CNM - Workshop Fee $225 (class size limited to 20) Lodging will be complementary for those who register for full conference, too.
Professional Herbalist Intensive + Final Exam Administered for Community Herbalist Candidates - Fee same as discussed when you signed up for your course; Lodging will be complementary for those who register for the full conference.
3:00 - 5:00 - Registration
5:00 - 7:00 Dinner and Vendors
7:00 - 8:30 - Serving Up Health, Becoming a Resource for Your Community - Shonda Parker, CCE, Clinical Herbalist
8:00 - 9:00am - Breakfast
9:00 - 10:30 am - Real Food for Real Health - Vickilynn Haycraft of www.realfoodliving.com
10:30 - 12:00 noon - Impacting Diabetes with Food and Herbs - Vickilynn Haycraft
Noon - 1:30 pm - Lunch and Vendors
1:30 - 3:45 pm - Understanding & Interpreting Lab Tests - Carlotta Crawford, MN, MPH, CNM
3:45 - 5:15 pm - Changing Lives Through Dietary Evaluation - Kelli Roark, Community Herbalist candidate
5:15 - 7:00 pm - Dinner and Vendors
7:00 - 8:30 pm - Herbs & Toxicity, Paying Close Attention - Shonda Parker, CCE, Clinical Herbalist
8:00 - 9:00 am - Breakfast
9:00 - 10:30 am - Respiratory & Ear Infections - Brandi Wood, CPM
10:30 - 12:00 noon - Vaginal Infections: Causes and Complementary Treatment - Kristen Benoit, CPM, Community Herbalist
noon - 1:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 - 3:00 pm - Making Herbal Medicines by Kelli Roark, Community Herbalist candidate, and Rosanna King, Clinical Herbalist candidate
3:00 - 3:15 pm - Break
3:15 - 5:15 pm - Herb Identification Walk, Rosanna King, Clinical Herbalist
5:15 - 7:00 pm - Dinner and Vendors
7:00 - 8:30 pm - Integrating Herbal Medicine with Other Modalities - Shonda Parker, CCE, Clinical Herbalist
8:00 - 9:00 am - Breakfast
9:00 - 10:30 am - Phytochemistry - Understanding Body Chemistry to Understand How Herbs Work - Naomi Watson, BA, BA, RN student
10:30 - 12:00 noon - Legalities of Owning and Running an Herbal Business, private attorney and Shonda Parker
Noon - 1:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 - 2:00 pm - Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) - Brandi Wood, CPM
2:00 - 3:30 pm - Immunology, Food Allergies, and Autism Spectrum Disorders - Amy Whitlock, Parent Researcher and NHF student
3:30 - 4:45 pm - Break and Last-Chance Vendor Time
4:45 - 6:00 pm - Anxiety and Depression - Kristen Benoit, CPM, Community Herbalist
6:00 - 7:00 pm - Celebration Dinner for our Certificate Students
7:00 - 8:00 pm - Counseling Clients: Serving the Body - Shonda Parker, CCE, Clinical Herbalist
8:00 - 9:00 pm - Pressing Forward with Vision - Carlotta Crawford, MN, MPH, CNM
Jan 23rd - Departures
We will provide a simple breakfast for those who will be staying to worship with us in our congregation or one of the other congregations in town.
[ add comment ] ( 30 views ) | permalink | ( 3 / 2322 )